A Guide to Using the Read with Understanding Performance Continuum
This document is one of several guides available through the EFF Assessment Resource Collection to help you learn how to use the EFF performance continua. The purpose of this guide is:
- to introduce the performance continuum for the EFF Standard Read with Understanding;
- to show you how to use it to plan instruction and classroom-based assessment;
- to help you to better understand and prepare for accountability assessment based on this performance continuum.
|Tips for Using the Guide
- For general information about EFF and to link to all EFF sites you will be sent to the EFF Portal Page.
- For more detailed information related to the EFF Assessment Framework, to access the Read With Understanding Resources referred to in this guide, and for other resources on assessment go to the EFF Assessment Resource Collection.
- To learn more about how to plan and carry out classroom instruction based on EFF go to the EFF Teaching and Learning Toolkit. This site uses classroom examples from a variety of typical adult education contexts to show teachers how to use the EFF teaching and learning cycle.